Learning programming essentials for kids is a MUST for their future
Understanding computers and learning the basics of coding helps children to develop an appreciation of how things work. It also teaches them how software engineers use math in order to solve problems in a logical and creative way. This is an important reason that coding should be taught in schools, so children learn these skills while they are young.
The ability to solve problems is a trait that is useful in life in general. We all want our children to become excellent problem solvers so that they can overcome any adversity they face. Learning to code gives children the chance to learn this type of skill while they are young and it can help them along the way in life. This is one of the big reasons coding is important to learn.
When you look at how the world is developing, coding is an extremely useful skill to possess. There are an increasing number of businesses who rely on computer code, not just those in the technology sector.
By the end of the course children will be able to:
- Understand what programming is
- Understand and recognize programming languages
- Create basic commands for a program
- Know the different codes and understand their function
- Be able to explain the logic of connections between code
- Create advanced commands for creating a game
Platforms used: Scratch, Code.org